Thursday, December 16, 2010

Project: Work Holiday Party Outfit

The department who I consult for is holding their holiday party today at the end of the day. We were supposed to have a scavenger hunt, don holiday hats, wear a holiday sweater, etc. Ugh. I love this season and was really excited for this holiday party, but trying to figure out how to dress appropriately for work and a holiday happy hour, accommodate for getting in and out of a car for the scavenger hunt, wear a holiday-themed sweater and hat, and avoid jeans (government client) was SUPER overwhelming. It was a slight nightmare. So, to J's Everyday Fashion Blog I went for inspiration and advice!

If you're unfamiliar with this blog and her very interactive Facebook page, shame on you! I'm just kidding. You're just really missing out on a great resource for work-life and personal-life outfit inspiration. It's hard to get motivated to look nice at 7am every morning, and J gives you a head start to getting it right! Well...at least I HOPE I'm getting it right. ;)

Anyway, so after getting some advice from J, I came up with this inspired outfit. I figured the skirt was great for our San Diego weather (haha on me. It's raining today); the sweater (which I DIY'd last year from this Glamourai post) was a holiday grass green that the picture doesn't show; and my borrowed hat will make party time oh so jolly. (Can you feel my holiday spirit?) The skirt has a silk stripe down the middle, the outfit is comfy for the long day, and the shoes are accessorized just enough to make me happy. Care to share any holiday outfit mishaps or magical moments? Picture courtesy of me. Please excuse the blurriness...it's from my Skype camera, which is the only thing that would work at work. Also, don't you just love how I'm posing with my bike? ;) The only other option would be to throw it in the hallway and just ask my coworkers to watch it while I take some photos for my blog. Oh, I'd love to see how THAT goes over. Incognito it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment