Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Inspiration

Happy December, y'all!

The time has finally come! It's finally socially acceptable to decorate my house inside and out with holiday decor ;) I probably would have started last week if I was feeling up to it, but the nasty East Coast weather got me (my brother-in-law, my dad, my niece, etc. etc.) sick.

So here we are on 2 December, and I'm itching to start showing my Christmas spirit. I'm thinking of doing some sort of gray and bright red theme. Something along the lines of this from pilli pilli.

I'd like to do have a gray and red theme throughout the house, but Christmas is such a traditional holiday that I've already gathered a ton of holiday decor that I would feel bad not using at least some of it (think a little country with bright greens and reds).

So, I might have to focus my gray/red efforts on the table-scape. Either way, here are a few of my favorite things that are inspiring me this season:

Scandinavian-inspired Star Garland by creaturecomfortsblog (link for DIY)

Christmas Under the Stars for Pier 1 by Bower Power


Ivory Knit Stocking With Faux Fur Trim From Pier 1 catalogue (hoping to have a DIY with my friend Michelle for these soon!)


Puff-ball Garland featured on Bower Power (hoping to have a DIY for this soon, too)


Cookie Cutter Wreath by Better Homes and Gardens (link to DIY)


I also think that the sweater teapot cosy in the Thanksgiving issue of Sweet Paul is...well, sweet. I couldn't grab a photo, but if you check out the issue, you'll see what I mean. Pretty much everything he does is awesome.

What are you all doing for your holiday decor this year? Spicing things up with something new or keeping with tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment