Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Plans for a Thanksgiving Table-scape Even Martha Would Love

My sister, who's hosting our family's Thanksgiving "dinner" at her new house this year in Connecticut, asked me to help her decorate the table. (Dinner is in quotes because we usually eat around 2, which to me screams LUNCH.) I feel like Martha Stewart on a shoestring budget. Even she couldn't handle this much planning.

Since I'm flying in from San Diego this Friday, I thought I'd start thinking about a few things that we could whip up really quickly to make a beautiful, but easy table. And since I have a few things in my decoration repertoire already, I thought I'd gather some stuff while I"m packing tonight (if I can remember).

Here are the things I already have and will be bringing with me from SD:
  • twine
  • bouquet of fake fall leaves
  • bag of ribbons
  • tissue paper
  • plane paper bag
  • khaki table runner

Things I will not be bringing due to size and fragility or just ridiculousness of the prospect of traveling that far with it:

  • glass hurricane and jars
  • silk leaf place mats
  • candles
  • pumpkins haha
  • paint and/or glitter
  • hot glue gun

My plan was if she's really serious about this table-scape, then when I get there, we can always get some fresh fall fruit like grapes or pears to brighten up the look. Or maybe good ol' Connecticut will have some pine cones or acorns on the ground ready for the taking! Plus, I'm sure she has a few bowls or vases that will work. The women isn't incompetent; she's just taking care of twins and doesn't have the time to plan the dinner AND decorate. Plus, I think she's being nice to me since she knows I like this kind of stuff ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment