Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday DIY Inspiration

I'm still trying to figure out how to flow from pre-Thanksgiving into Christmas decor without being too obvious or boring. Since Justin and I are flying to my sister and husband's place in Connecticut for the first time this year, we won't be having Thanksgiving in San Diego. So I asked myself: What's the point in decorating for a holiday where I won't even be here to enjoy the DIYs?

The solution: Start planning NOW for Christmas decor. My parents will be in town and I'd love to have the house full of yule and cheer (or whatever it is they say) ;) In that vein, here are a few things that I'm LUERVING right now that I think might make the cut for the dual-holiday decor.

Gilded Log Centerpiece by Eddie Ross in Women's Day:
Thanks Glass by Young House Love: Fuzzy Christmas Stockings at Pier 1 (I need to find a DIY for these babies!):

Coffee Can Lanterns by Design*Sponge (If only I bought coffee in a can!):


I hope to make one or a few of these projects in the upcoming days. I want to get on that Thanks Glass ASAP so I can convince my boyfriend to play along ;) However, I think that we might discuss ours throughout the month as table discussion during dinner rather than waiting until the end of the month. We'll see! I do look forward to using this with my kids off in the distant future. (No plans for kids now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment