Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Welcome to Pepper!

Wipe off your shoes and come on in! ;)

In December of 2008, my partner (boyfriend sounds too nonchalant at this point in our relationship), Justin, bought a two-bedroom house in San Diego on Pepper Drive. Obviously, by now we've been living here for over a year. Justin and I have turned our modest one-family house into a home for ourselves and an attached bachelor/ette for someone else. After a year of renovating, designing, crafting, and fighting, I thought it was time to share some old and new projects with the design world.

Neither one of us are decorators by trade: Justin has an engineering degree and I have one in writing. However, we've become quite the little worker bees and I wanted to share my story with you online.

My goal is to catch you up with some back story of what the house looked like when we first moved in and what it looked like through several of the major overhaul stages along the way. I'll sprinkle in some of the projects we're currently working on and one's we would like to do in the future. These projects are one's ON the house and IN the house, which means that some will showcase how we finished the bamboo flooring and some will highlight a holiday craft.

I'm a DIYer of decor and Justin is a hands-on handyman. Hopefully this blog will give you some inspiration into the world of making a house your home.


Two things to note in this year-old photo of our house:

1. That is my car in the front with the lazy bumper. If you have a Jetta, you know that the bumper gets stuck on anything and everything and that it is a pain in the butt to keep the darn thing attached! I have, though, gotten that bumper fixed (along with the air conditioning, catalytic converter, light socket, fuse plate...get the picture?) since then.

2. This was not a fixer-upper house. It was quite lovely to begin with, but needed some special love and care to make it our own home.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment