Monday, October 25, 2010

There's a Little (Pumpkin) Fashionista in Us All: DIY

I saw the cutest DIY in Sweet Paul's "Fabulous Fall!" online magazine (first shown on Pepper Projects here). His take on decorating with pumpkins is quite inspired! (These ain't just your normal carve-and-light pumpkins.) When I saw these adorable Fashionistas, I knew they would be miiiiine. MwuuuuHAHAHAHAHA! ;)Apparently, they were showcased at a Michael Kors show. Too cute! And too easy to make: 1. Cut out sunglasses and lips from a fashion magazine (honestly, this was the ONLY challenge of this DIY project because my mags didn't have photos large enough for such big glasses), 2. Match the glasses with the lips, I went for one big and one little (i.e. big sunglasses with little lips or little sunglasses with big lips)...you do what you like!
3. Match the sunglass/lips duo with the right white pumpkin (I love the pudgy look of the top left pumpkin, which wouldn't have been possible with a flatter shape. Also, my pumpkins are much fatter than the ones from Sweet Paul. I wonder if my local pumpkin "patch" supports veggies on steroids...)

4. Glue paper to pumpkins with any house-hold glue and get your fashion show started! I'm using this threesome for my coffee table centerpiece. I had thought about making one per dinner guest at my book club dinner tonight, but thought that six little white pumpkins might be a bit too much. Plus, with my batty napkin rings, there'd be a whole lot of Halloween tchotchkis going on for each place setting. I think these ladies are much happier in front of the TV anyway ;)

Halloween is just around the corner! I hope you enjoy making this little $6 craft (each pumpkin was $2)...I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment